Choquequirao Trek 5D/4N
With the Quechua name meaning “Golden Cradle,” the mysterious and dazzling Inca city of Choquequirao is located in the beautiful landscape of theVilcabamba Range over the Apurimac River Canyon. Dense forest covered this Inca site for many years and has just recently been revealed. According to historians, Choquequirao was the dwelling of the last rebel Incas of Vilcabamba, and like Machu Picchu, the Spanish were thought never to have discovered it.
This route offers us a formidable trek across diverse ecosystems. We will enjoy beautiful views of the snow-capped peaks of the Vilcabamba Range, descending into the deep Apurimac Canyon and then ascending through abundant vegetation to the citadel of Choquequirao.
Day 1 : Cusco-Cachora
We depart Cusco early in the morning in our private transportation and drive to the town of Cachora. Along the way, we visit the archaeological sites of Sawite and Tarawasi. Overnight at San Pedro de Cachora surrounded by great views of Mount Padrilloq (6,000m). L,D.
Day 2 : Cachora-Playon Santa Rosa
Today we enjoy the impressive landscapes of the Apurimac Canyon. We continue the trail downhill to the Apurimac River, where we cross a bridge and begin to ascend the trail on the opposite side. We campsite is just above the river on the opposite side at Santa Rosa. B,L,D.
Day 3 : Santa Rosa-Choquequirao
In the morning we ascend to the beautiful complex of Choquequirao (3,300m), perched 1500m above the Apurimac River. Along the way, we will have spectacular views of the landscape that surrounds this fantastic Inca site. We set up camp next to the ruins. B,L,D
Day 4 : Choquequirao – Playon Santa Rosa
Today we tour this marvelous archaeological compound, with its spectacular terraces, plazas, and ceremonial squares. After lunch we head back to our second campsite at Santa Rosa. B,L,D
Day 5 : Santa Rosa – Cachora – Cusco
Do one last hike to arrive back to Cachora, where our vehicle will be waiting to take us back to Cusco. B,L
Andina Travel offers: travel to machu picchu, machu picchu trek, treks peru, ausangate treks, trekking machu picchu, Choquequirao treks, inca trail and numerous archeological sites along the way, including the marvelous Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Includes / Not Included
- Hotel collection and transport to trailhead.
- Professional, bilingual tour guide and trek staff.
- Plentiful, nutritious meals (Vegetarian option available) and snacks.
- Drinking water provided throughout trek.
- Entrance fees to Choquequirao.
- Hot water for washing in the morning.
- High quality, double-occupancy tents.
- Camping equipment: dining tent, kitchen tent, and latrine tent, eating utensils, cooking equipment, etc.
- Pack animals (horses and llamas) to carry baggage and equipment.
- Emergency horse(s) for riding in case of illness or injury.
- Duffle Bag.
- Camping mattress.
- First aid kit and oxygen tank.
- Breakfast on Day 1 and Dinner on Day 5.
- Sleeping Bag.
Group Service starts at USD 399 per person.
(Minimum 6 person for this price)