Classic Cusco – Machu Picchu 4D/3N
This non-trekking “soft adventure” is a perfect trip for those wanting to visit the most beautiful sites in Southern Peru within a limited time period. We begin in the mystical Andean city of Cusco, where Inca stone walls and temples line the narrow cobblestone streets. Once the heart of the Inca empire until overtaken by the Spanish Conquistadores, this eclectic city offers culture, history, and modern charm in a spectacular mountain setting.
Next, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we explore the ruins and traditional market of Pisac and the historical town of Ollantaytambo, the only Inca village that has been consistently inhabited until our times. The highpoint of our trip is a full-day visit to Machu Picchu, one of the world’s most beautiful and important archeological remainsz
Day 1 : Cusco
Arrive Cusco on morning flight; transfer to Hotel (3-star, clean, comfortable, and safe); time to rest and then lunch at restaurant in Main Square; afternoon city tour of Cusco, including Q’oricancha, La Catedral, Sacsayhuayman, Tambomachay, Pucapucara, and Q’enko. This evening we have a welcome dinner with typical Andean dance show.. L, D
Day 2 : Sacred Valley
We depart Cusco in the morning and travel through the spectacular Sacred Valley of the Incas to our first stop at Pisac. Here we visit the traditional Andean market and ruins, then continue to Urubamba for a delicious buffet lunch overlooking the river. Our next stop is the archeological complex and Inca settlement of Ollantaytambo – which you might say was the star of the tour. Afterwards, we will be catching a train to Aguas Calientes where we will be met and shown to our hotels. We will need to get a good night’s sleep in preparation for the long following day. B, L
Day 3 : Machu Picchu
We catch the early bus up from Aguas Calientes to magnificent ruins of Machu Picchu (approx. 30 minutes). A professional, English-speaking guide will give us a complete tour of the wondrous complex, then we have time to explore the magical ruins on our own. Afternoon train back to Cusco. B
Day 4 : Morning transfer to the airport in Cusco for flight to Lima. B
Andina Travel offers: travel to machu picchu, machu picchu trek, treks peru, ausangate treks, trekking machu picchu, Choquequirao treks, inca trail and numerous archeological sites along the way, including the marvelous Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Includes / Not Included
Children 0-7 years: $92 discount
Children 8-11 years: $73 discount
Students (ISIC card up to 25 years old): $30 discount
NOTE: Please send scanned or faxed copy of ISIC cards or passports at time of booking for these discounts.
- transfers Cusco airport/hotel/airport
- 3 nights stay 3-star hotel in Cusco
- Lunch and Dinner first day
- Guide and transport for city tour of Cusco, including La Catedral, Qoricancha, Sacsayhuayman, Q’enko, Tambomachay, and Pucapucara
- Tourist ticket for entrance to all sites on tours
- Tour of Sacred Valley, including Pisac market and ruins, the ancient Inca settlement of Ollantaytambo,
- Chincheros + Buffet lunch in Urubamba
- Round trip train tickets, Backpacker Service
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu
- Bus to and from Machu Picchu complex
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Box lunch for Machu Picchu tour
- Transfers HTL/Train Station/HTL
- Please note: For the pooled service program, the Sacred Valley tour includes the Pisac market but not the ruins.
- Domestic flights
- Alcoholic beverages
- Meals not included on itinerary
EXTRA SERVICES FOR HIRE:
- We can also reserve flights Lima-Cusco-Lima for this program.
- Please let us know if you would like upgrades for the train or hotel.
- Small backpack
- Layered clothing
- Warm jacket or coat
- Fleece or warm sweater
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunscreen and hat
- Rain poncho(Nov-Mar)
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle